Senior Project Manager
Salary: £37k to £40k
Scottish Health Innovations Ltd works in partnership with NHS Scotland to identify, protect and develop new ideas that come from healthcare professionals. Successful intellectual property exploitation requires specific skills and knowledge. We are looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager to work at our offices based at the Golden Jubilee National Hospital. Reporting to the CEO you will have responsibility for managing a team of three Project Managers
The role involves managing innovations often through the full process, from initial concept to completed product.
• To lead, direct and motivate the project team, foster collaborative team working, and provide the central focal point for the project team.
• To lead and be responsible for the successful delivery of projects of differing size and complexity. The types of projects will typically be medical device developments and market introductions which must meet local and international regulatory and commercial requirements.
• To support the company strategy in relation to intellectual property management.
• To communicate directly with senior management on project status and issues in an appropriate and timely fashion, and ensure regular and timely communication between project team members.
• To build strong working relationships with external partners such as clinicians, consultants, suppliers, manufacturers and test houses as appropriate to the project.
• To liaise with other business functions and ensure their requirements are built in to the project delivery
• To build and monitor budgets against activity and resource plans for the project.
• To conduct project risk assessments and mitigate risks where ever practical
• To work within the scope of a BS EN ISO 13485 Quality System
• We are looking for a person who holds a degree in a scientific, engineering or product development discipline with significant relevant experience in a technical/engineering or commercial role within a medical device or manufacturing process development, medical or pharmaceutical environment, or the equivalent qualifications and experience.
• It would be desirable to have experience of administering a Quality System compliant with BS EN ISO 13485
• You must have worked on a number of complex projects and demonstrated an ability to build a successful plan/development strategy to deliver the technical aspects of the project
• Experience is desirable of managing the complexities of working at the interface of the public and private sectors.
• Evidence of the ability to plan and track project activities using a range of tools including MS Project, and plan and track the required resources and budget.
• Demonstrable awareness of the complexities of medical device regulations and the required documentation to meet these requirements.
• An understanding of other business functions and their requirements, particularly operations, supply chain, legal, intellectual property, sales & marketing, laboratory services, clinical, regulatory and quality
• An appreciation of the end customer and their day-to-day issues and clinical needs
• Able to provide clear recommendations to the business that balance time, cost and quality drivers, risk and uncertainty, and demonstrate an ability to facilitate team decisions
Good interpersonal and communication skills, a flexible and adaptable attitude to working on your own and within a team environment, and the ability to problem solve are key attributes for this position. As some travel throughout Scotland is necessary a driving licence and use of a car is essential.
Applicants are invited to send a CV and covering letter to Miss Fiona Walker, Scottish Health Innovations Ltd, West House, Gartnavel Royal Hospital, 1055 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G12 0XH
Closing date: Noon 17th July 2014
Interviews will be held on the 22nd of July 2014