Business Development Manager
Salary: £30,000 to £36,000 plus benefits
Scottish Health Innovations Ltd (SHIL) is an independent, publically funded company established to work in partnership with NHS Scotland to identify, develop and commercialise new ideas from Healthcare Professionals.
Successful intellectual property exploitation requires specific skills, knowledge and resources. We are now looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to cover Grampian and Highlands Health Board. Regular travel will be required throughout Scotland so the use of a car is considered essential.
• Awareness raising across your Health Board area and, where required, providing support to the other regions.
• Educating NHS groups on Intellectual Property.
• Meeting with potential inventors and innovators in order to maximise the number of disclosures.
• Evaluating disclosures for commercial potential and reporting to SHIL team.
• Supporting the SHIL Project Management Team in the transition of projects, as required.
You will be educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline and will ideally have at least three years’ experience of working in a commercial environment. Good interpersonal and communication skills, a flexible and adaptable attitude to working on your own and within a team environment, and the ability to problem solve are key attributes for this position.
Applicants are invited to send a CV and covering letter to; Mrs Susan Sweeney, Scottish Health Innovations Limited, Level 4 East, Golden Jubilee National Hospital, Agamemnon Street, Clydebank, G81 4DY. Email:
Closing Date: 07/05/15 (5pm) Interviews: 19/05/15 (Clydebank)